[pct-l] PCTA rating....HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Nov 23 22:35:42 CST 2011

Hi gang,
Outrageous......I'm a CEO....have been for many years.
I know how to turn troubled organizations around.
I would run the PCTA for half of what Liz is getting paid.

I have a plan that would cut expenses to the bare bone, reduce membership fees
from $35 to $1 and greatly increase the amount of money spend to maintain, protect
and improve the trail.

How, you ask, can I achieve all this and lower the membership fees from $35 to $1
at the same time?.....SIMPLE....I WILL APPOINT  "SWITCHBACK"  TREASURER.
His vast experience in raiding, plundering and looting innocent hikers will result
into a huge influx of loot and money into our treasury.
Our revenue will go sky high and our expenses will be cut to the bare bones.
We will be operating at a huge surplus.
We might even eliminate the membership fee all together and have parties and prizes
for all who finish the trail.

See,.....I told you I have a plan!!!

At the next election vote REINHOLD....for CEO&  SWITCHBACK....for Treasurer.

JMT Reinhold
Your next CEO with a plan

Happy to see the PCTA get a pretty good rating by CharityNavigator.org although
I was shocked to see Executive Director, Liz Bergeron's compensation of $100,000.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=11449  <http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=11449>
Page 7:http://www.pcta.org/pdf/PCTA-2009-Form-990.pdf
Page 7:http://www.pcta.org/pdf/2010-pcta-form-990.pdf

Seriously?  Who approves such a salary?  Is that reasonable compensation for a
non-profit to pay its leader from donated funds during hard economic times?
I may be from the Dark Ages and my perspective may be warped on a teacher's salary,
but such a sum sure seems like excessive compensation for a non-profit.