[pct-l] new to list

Scott Conover sconover94 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:38:48 CST 2011

Hi All,
I've gotten away from backpacking since 2007.  I thought I'd give bicycle
touring a try and I've had a blast.  I even did some of the old PCT bike
route (paved roads that parallel PCT, it's called the Sierra Cascades bike
route now).  But I've found myself really missing the Trail.  In the 1990s
I hiked about 6,000 miles on the PCT including a very memorable thru-hike
in 1994.  And I've grown tired of sharing my pathways with high speed
projectiles of metal and glass (i.e. motor vehicles as Jardine puts it).
Anyway, on a whim I did a backpacking loop in the Mt. Jefferson Wilderness
a couple weeks ago that took me up to the PCT for a stretch.  It was like
"coming home" to a long lost friend.  The weather was gorgeous if a bit
chilly, but that gave me a chance to try out my new 20 degree bag.  I was a
little sore for a few days afterward but that's to be expected when not
having done any hiking for a while. Now I am eagerly looking forward to
being back on the PCT this coming summer!
Scott Conover