[pct-l] Deep Creek Detour

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Nov 14 19:33:09 CST 2011

Last year I did a section hike in section C. Since I had already seen
the Deep Creek section, I decided to see the detour. I was glad I did
because it was really pretty. And the bonus was that there was a
trail that led down to the pools from the detour so I took it. It was
a really HARD trail, super crumbly, slippery and steep. Added 6 extra
miles to my day, too. But I enjoyed the pools and ended up at the
same campsite as all the thru-hikers I camped with that morning even
though they skipped the hot spring.