[pct-l] Mailman software

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Nov 14 19:22:21 CST 2011

On Nov 14, 2011, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Any chance the _jump-to_ feature can be added to this group? Sure
> hope so !!

All the troubles we have here are features/downfalls of the mailman
software. Trying to make humans do what software ought to do never
works. The whole digest thing is so bothersome that they shouldn't
even allow it, but of course then this list would then become so
bothersome most would not want to use it.

Here's what I do. I do a search for Message: 5 (or whatever number is
the one after the one that included the entire digest). I keep doing
"Control F" again until I get the next message 5 (or whatever number)
that isn't quoted/indented/blue/whatever. It's pretty fast and saves
me a lot of scrolling and searching.