[pct-l] Starting Mileage

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 16:40:51 CST 2011

In a dry year being able to do 20 at the gate will make things easier as
far as water availability - in a wet year it probably doesn't matter.
Lower starting milage can be done in a dry year - but after a while there
is a diminishing return with having to carry so much extra water that it
may just be less effort to just do the milage.  Both strategies will work
every year so do what works for you.

I would personnally try to start the trail in shape enough where I can do
20 when it makes sense - like day 1 from Campo to Lake Marino (especially
in a year when Hauser Creek is dry).

Day-Late