[pct-l] 7-day thru-hike in Washington in July

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat May 28 03:41:29 CDT 2011

380 MILES A DAY???....Piece of cake....Nothing to it....Just remember to
bring Switchback's hands free umbrella, solar powered fan, fuzzy pink camp
slippers and "DEHYDRATED WATER" to stay UL.

Ooohhh yes, you might also want to consider my UL, "grazing in the meadows",
strategy, which worked so well for me on my JMT speed hikes.
There are lots of meadows along the the trail.
This way you you won't need to carry a pot, stove, fuel or trail food.
And you won't need a bear canister.

The key to doing 380 miles a day is staying super "UL".

Word of caution....you might, however, have to carry a few nuts to get you
through the desert section.

JMT Reinhold
The grazer