[pct-l] Tuolomne Meadows-Sonora Pass-Ebbetts Pass

Tow, Doug DTow at americanriverbank.com
Mon May 23 11:27:10 CDT 2011

Good morning!

I plan to angel at Ebbetts Pass (or, less likely, Sonora Pass) for three
days sometime in July, and need some updated help about making sure that
effort pays off for hikers.

How many hikers are expected to push through "continuous northbound?"
When would they likely be departing Tuolomne Meadows (a spread of time
would be very helpful)?
What supplies would conditions suggest be of greatest value?  Given
snow, perhaps fuels?

I would also like some comment on whether or not it would be worthwhile
to offer to bring specific items, by request, to those who are confident
that they will pass the Highway 4/PCT point when I am there.  For
nominal items, I can handle the expense.  For clothing, replacement
gear, etc. the hiker would need to arrange to have a Sacramento
outfitter allow me to pick it up and bring it, or the hiker could have
it sent to me for transport.  Probably not resupply boxes, as I believe
that most would have already done so at Bridgeport sufficient to get to
Echo/Tahoe.

Or, and I always allow for this possibility, am I simply off the mark?

Doug

“This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.”