[pct-l] that hydration pack taste

Kathi pogo at pctwalker.com
Thu May 19 12:50:05 CDT 2011

Hi Robert!

Yeah, that is a nauseating taste. I have gotten used to it in time but I
have found a few things make it a little better...

1) I keep it out of the sun (tubing and bladder/bottle)... the
cold/cooler water doesn't taste as bad.

2) Before the first use I wash, wash, wash... rinse, rinse, rinse,
rinse, rinse... the tube, fittings, bladder/bottle VERY thoroughly. This
seems to take a lot of the "petroleum" type taste out. I like Platypus
because the tubing seems to have a bit less "taste" to it.

3) If I am in a particularly sensitive mood to the "bottle" taste I put
a small amount of "good" taste in the water, like some really watered
down Gatorade or lemonade or something like that. Or, if I need the
electrolytes I go for the full strength mixture of Gatorade (that's what
I prefer but there are a lot of others on the market).

That's my 2 cents!
Kathi