[pct-l] that hydration pack taste

ralbach at austin.rr.com ralbach at austin.rr.com
Thu May 19 11:27:50 CDT 2011

Hi All,

A common complaint from my hiking family is that the taste of water from
their
hydration packs is nauseating. I've likely become accustomed to it but
compared to
my standard Nalgene's it does have a somewhat "mechanical" taste to it.

Anybody have any thoughts on either vendors or practices that reduce or
remove
this problem? Even relatively new packs seem to suffer from this. I
sometimes
wonder if it just might be the tubing.

Anyhow all thoughts on this question appreciated.

Thanks,

-Robert