[pct-l] trees down in section C

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 18 11:52:40 CDT 2011

This may already be known to all the trail maintainers, but I'll add my
observations just in case:

May 13 - Little Bear Springs to Holcomb Crossing - lots of trees across
trail, some to 24", with (sometimes unsightly) walkarounds
         Holcomb Crossing to Splinters was clean.    Llamas had been
hard at work.

May 14 - Heart Bar CRT trail to E Fork Mission Creek - several trees
across trail, including one around 30" that would be blocking to stock,
as it's on a steep hillside.    It's located about an hour east/south/down
from Mission Creek Trail Camp.     Other trees down in the forested part
of this stretch have walkarounds.

May 15 - Poligue Canyon Road 2N09 (misidentified as Holcomb Valley Rd in
guide) to Little Bear Springs - lots of trees across trail, some to 36",
but all with walkarounds.

What a difference a day made.    Dehydration on Saturday, Hypothermia on
Sunday.

With luck I'll be able to return in June or July and finish the last 36
miles of section C and the last 36 miles of California - all made possible
by Shepherd with a critical car shuttle to facilitate Mission Creek
one-way downhill.

David Hough