[pct-l] baden powell hiker false allarm

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed May 18 09:04:22 CDT 2011

I'm with you on that one.  It was a terrible thought to think of a hiker in that kind of distress.

The deputy said there were four disparate groups of hikers (none of them PCT thru-hikers) who were involved in the convoluted tale, which somehow led to someone concluding that a solo female day hiker was missing.  The newspaper ran with the story before the investigation and search was over.  SAR sent out a helicopter and teams that climbed all over the mountain before they realized no one was missing.

L-Rod