[pct-l] Snow conditions Baden-Powel?

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu May 12 22:58:48 CDT 2011

A lady who was on Baden Powell as recently as today stopped by today.  She injured her knee post-holing coming down from the mountain, and had to leave the trail, coming by here to pick up her (now) unneeded resupply box.

She reported patchy snow on the ascent, turning to solid snow approaching the summit (sorry, I didn't get elevations from her).  She indicated a great deal of deep snow past the summit toward Islip.  She recommended crampons, ice axe, etc.

L-Rod