[pct-l] big bear/arrowhead taxis?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon May 9 14:34:47 CDT 2011

I would think Section C would be difficult to hitch or get a taxi. If
you do have to resort to hitching, Trekker had a theory that if he
printed out his hitchhiking signs on paper in advance, that they
showed the potential ride that a) he was intelligent enough to use a
computer, b) he had money and access to a computer and c) he had
planned this out in advance. He figured that gave him an edge his
otherwise older male dirty hiker persona did not. It might be worth
it to carry a few pre-printed signs just in case.

Perhaps the hostel or the hiker friendly hotel in Big Bear can help
you get into/out of town if you stay with them. The hostel has some
public transportation info on their site.
http://adventurehostel.com/BigBearLakeInformation/
PublicTransitToBigBear.php
They also have a taxi phone number near the bottom of this page:
http://www.bigbearhostel.com/info-for-pct-hikers.html

Diane