[pct-l] Rope for spring stream crossings

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 31 10:43:21 CDT 2011

Good morning, ,

One of my personal heroes, survival expert Nick Rowe, carried three
“survival kits”:  A shoebox-size first-line kit was in his pack;  the
cigar-box size second-line kit was attached high on the back of his web gear
(military -- like pack straps without the pack); and finally the
Band-Aid-box size last-line kit remained in his shirt pocket with his
folding knife.

I certainly don’t carry that much reserve gear, but based upon his expertise
and experience the caution is understandable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_N._Rowe

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09