[pct-l] Campo to Warner Springs

dan rapkin clawsabre97 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 17:58:06 CDT 2011

Hey guys,
I had initially planned a PCT trip for the middle of January, however, due to lack of funds I was forced to postpone it until the end of May.I will hiking with 3 other people for at least a week with the intention of completing all of Section A.
My plan is fly out from Rochester NY on the 22nd of May and arrive in San Diego, climb at Jtree for a couple days before starting the hike.My question is thus, I have been informed by a friend that SoCal is having a bit of a wet season, which I thought was uncharacteristic for the time of year that I plan to be hiking, soHow scarce will water be, and how much should I potentially bring?  I know it's about a gallon per person, per day and we will not be bringing a stove, just utilizing cold foods.Also, how concerned should I be about the local fauna, rattlers and cougars and such?Any and all help is appreciated and I hope to see you all on the trail!
-Dan 'the rasta man'