[pct-l] GPS Help,

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 17:02:52 CDT 2011

hello GPS Aficionados, especially halfmile !

i have a question that is more for a training hike than the PCT...

... i have a route i want to take, and i would like to make a 'track' to follow
on google earth,  then upload it to my GPS.   i have the garmin topo 24K's, but
it doesn't have two of the dirt roads i will be going on.

how can i take a google or mapquest route,  and overlay it onto my garmin?   can
i 'draw' a route free-form onto basecamp somehow and save it as a track?

thanks so much for any info,

~Paul