[pct-l] SILK LAYERS

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 17:09:43 CDT 2011

Silk, per ounce is less warm than qiviut or merino wool... Less warm than some grades of cashmere as well.

Silk weight often does not mean it has any silk in it.  You can buy "silk weight merino wool" or silk weight MTS.

The silk clothing I have had has not held up well enough for the PCT but I've not tried too many kinds.  Also my smartwool is not NEARLY as durable as 'Icebreaker' brand merino.

I recommend either capilene,  or icebreaker merino wool.

Sent from my iPod