[pct-l] getting steamy...

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Thu Mar 24 11:06:02 CDT 2011

> Message: 16
> Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:59:47 -0700
> From: John Abela <pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] getting steamy...
> To: patti kulesz <peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pctl <pct-l at backcountry.net>
>
> I'll pass on the blackdiamond and take my GG LT4's !!

John, Paul  -  I'm old school, still walk w/o poles...  but I'm wondering if
there is a trust question in first using such light poles, ie, "how can
something so light bear any load"...  does one find themself using them
gingerly at first? [generaly I've been expecting to continue to hike
poleless...  but a couple comments here on the list about using them to
cross blowdowns - from experience sounds like that extra "leg" would make
life easier..  and adding 6oz to one's entire kit weight, doesn't sound
excessive....  still living, still learning.]
TheDuck