[pct-l] KNIFE?

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:35:53 CDT 2011

Well, I'll agree about having plenty of matches / water / extra clothing /
and *most* of the rest of the stuff on the 10 essentials are of course
important. ...but under what circumstances will my life really depend on
having a two ounce pocket knife?  Heck, for that matter when does my comfort
even depend on it?  I'll admit that when I was hiking with my mother she was
a little put off by the fact that I just gnawed off a hunk-o-cheese (I
hadn't even brought napkins!) but aside from that, when do you need one?
Trimming fingernails is not something that I really *need* to do (I'm a
pretty nervous guy, so I keep em' trimmed the ol' fashion way).

So when do you, as you say, "REALLY" need one?

Devon