[pct-l] KNIFE?

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Thu Mar 24 10:11:49 CDT 2011

The important thing to realize about "The Essentials" is that they are not "Essential" because you'll need them every time, or at all.

They are "Essential" because when you DO, REALLY, NEED one of them - they are not able to be made/improvised or "worked around" or done without.

Making a "sharp edge" or fire, without the contents of "The Essentials" is extremely difficult or impossible, depending on the location and conditions - and don't give me any stories of Aboriginal survival skills...  ;-)

BillB

On Mar 23, 2011, at 10:04 PM, Devon Taig wrote:

> Funny- a pocket knife appears on just about every so called 10
> essentials list Ive ever seen. But ive never used one nor felt the need
> to carry one. I think i borrowed one once, but that was thousands of
> miles ago. Maybe Im missing something...maybe i don't really know how
> to hike...what are ya all using these things for (and no 127 hour
> stories please! Im not that unlucky).
>
> River

>>> Gerry0625