[pct-l] A Great Book for the Trail

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Tue Mar 22 09:50:20 CDT 2011

I agree with the recommendation of any of John McPhee's great books. They are written for the general public's understanding of geology but are even a great read for a professional geologist.  Like doctors and many other professions, there are many divisions of geology. Paul Hacker and I are called "soft rock geologists" as we work dominantly in sedimentary rocks but have a good understanding, nonetheless of "hard rock geology". Just remember that the rocks you see are still on a journey, just moving so slowly that we can hardly conceive.

Greg "Strider" Hummel

I will follow you if you follow me
All the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you if you stay with me
Just one single tear in each passing year
                            - Genesis