[pct-l] The herd is acting strange....was Pack weight?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Mar 20 06:05:54 CDT 2011

Switchback,
There is something wrong with the herd.
I know the herd gets all wild eyed and goofy this time of the year as
barn fever takes its toll and the herd gets anxious to break out of the
barn and stampede down the trail, but this is different.
They are talking all kinds of crazy things.
They are talking about  taking knifes, guns and even bazookas on the trail.
They are talking about suspending their packs from helium balloons,
putting wheels on their packs and even motorizing their packs.
To tell you the truth I am really concerned about this years
herd......something is not right....something is wrong.
They are too nervous, tense and up-tight.....it is not good for them to
be all up-tight and tense.
What they need is some good old ''Switchback Humor" to loosen up before
they have a nervous break down.

You better give them your best stuff.....and you better make it quick.

JMT Reinhold

Mike Chapman wrote:
I thought about putting some wheels on the bottom of my pack,then of
course the small engine idea followed,then I woke up.
Now you gentlemen have me worried of tonights dreams.
Hike On.