[pct-l] Poison oak - Seiad Valley to Ashland

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 23:53:38 CDT 2011

Hey Eric,
I was up in WA in late August, but I hit Seiad Valley on August 4th, so it's
very likely that someone worked on that trail in the intervening weeks, as
it was really overgrown earlier.  I know poison oak well, and the trail was
thick with it in places at that time.  Clearing that trail would have been a
great thing to do for hikers who get the rash.  But your hike through is
more recent, so it may not be a problem at all at this point.  Nice to know.

I remember the miles of very steep uphill slopes to that trail and would not
have wanted to meet a snake at face level.  That's just plain unnerving.

Shroomer