[pct-l] GUNS: KEEP THEM AT HOME

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 12:50:42 CDT 2011

The same could be said about leaving your 12 month old baby at home ; ). Most would consider that irresponsible to carry a 12 month old over fuller ridge in April... In fact i wonder what CPS would say about her living conditions... But that's your business,  no one tells you how to live; even with your diapers stinking up our water supply...  Why are you so against someone else responsible excersizing their rights?

If yu want to carry a gun, carry it... But it's hardly worth the weight.

As to why the Mexicans are considered Such a threat ... That's 2 fold,  the ones just trying to get into the country typically have no food and little water and they WILL try to get some of yours,  offer them a candy bar and hey will be grateful... But keep in mind these people are desperate... Their life may depend on getting your water depending how far they've made it;  and it's not like you can count on the cops to protect you at 2 AM in a tent.

A see why a solo female would have reason to feel afraid.  Last year a guy an hour behind us got hustled for cash by three guys trying to get enough for a bus ticket and it would be intimidating.

Additionally there is the much more rare case of the drug dealers,  which are faaaaaar less common but are less afraid to be violent

I carry a gun daily at my job;  but it's not worth the 23 ounces to carry on the trail;  but I'm not hiking alone either.

Sent from my iPod