[pct-l] Wind jacket

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Mar 19 07:58:14 CDT 2011

Good morning, Andrew,

I’m a long-time fan of an ultra-lite windshirt to accompany a fleece warmth
garment.  I have four different models which range from 3-ounce pull-overs
to an 8-ounce model with zippers, etc.  I usually carry one in the 3-4 ounce
range.  The Camp model you reference seems to be a good one if you want
zippers.

The Camp website says it is “uncoated” -- meaning no Super-K or silicone --
but since it is also said to be “water resistant” I expect it already has
DWR treatment.  A DWR windshirt will not be waterproof like real rain gear,
but will do a pretty good job in occasional rain.  I’d buy the thing and
read the label.  If is says DWR, I’d use it as-is.  If it doesn’t say, I’d
try it in the rain.  Only if it leaked like a sieve would I treat it with a
spray-on.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09