[pct-l] umbrella

Mary Davison pastormaryd at msn.com
Thu Mar 17 23:28:06 CDT 2011

I am an umbrella fan. That said, I find it more of use on the AT and in
Washington (where I live) than on the PCT. I like it especially for rain on
warm days. I can hike in my sports bra and be dry and cool. It also keeps
that part of your back dry that ponchos keep dry and raincoats don't - and
the top of the pack. I did not have it with me when I did the So Cal
portions of the trail. (I am a 300-600 mile section hiker, not a thru
hiker.) But I did use it for both rain and sun on my Northern CA hike last
fall. I liked it for both. Would I have taken it if I thru-hiked? Hmmm -
don't know. It is extra weight but it was worth it to me.

Medicare Pastor