[pct-l] Rain pants

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:48:58 CST 2011

I don't know if they're the best, but for the weight at 2.9 oz for the large
size check out the MontBell wind pants.  They're made from the ballistic
nylon process which MonBell asserts is a tempering that makes them stronger
than traditional nylon ( I believe they're 15 denier, but you'd have to
check).  They also have a DWR that has the standard 100 washings claim, but
always take that with a liberal measure of salt.  Thus, even though they are
windpants they will serve as rain pants.   Not EVent, but look at the
weight.  Most rain pants will have a similar DWR and weigh in at 8 oz. or
so.