[pct-l] Fwd: Raingear: Parcho Questions

Ken Marlow pcthiker at cox.net
Mon Mar 7 21:31:24 CST 2011

Hi Again Kevin,
	Bill Gurwell got back with me. His response below was kinda vague, but he did associate a cost with the instructions...vaguely. I'm thinking it would be in his best interest if you contacted him directly or purchase them as part of the several options for kits, through Quest Outfitters. He really put a lot of effort into details of the instructions.

http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/resp320s/parcho.htm
http://www.questoutfitters.com/patterns-jackets-cart.htm#Jacket%20Patterns

Hi Ken,
The ParCho instructions cost close to what they cost to be printed; it's the materials sale that is the need of the businesses.  The Hood pattern is a 24" by 30" printed sheet, which you'll need to buy anyway.
I feel like Questoutfitters and Seattle Fabrics do a good job supplying the pattern, instructions and materials.
Now, I am thinking that if the ParCho is really that useful and wanted by a lot of people, it should go into production.  I have a few ideas that could potentially make the "Backpacker" into a generally useable and marketable design, for all hikers!  Just need to find an outfit to take it on.
Best luck to you with your sewing!
     Bill Gurwell