[pct-l] Backtrack from Canada

Alistair Keeys alistairkeeys at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 18:40:45 CST 2011

Hey all,

I've been a reader of this list for sometime and finally have the time/means to
attempt a thru hike. My projected start date is sometime in the beginning of
May. My only issue is that I got a DUI and probably can't enter Canada legally
and don't know if trying my luck getting back into the US is worth it. A week or
so ago someone mentioned a backtrack route from the border to Ross Lake, then to
HWY 20. I was just wondering if there is any public transport from Ross Lake
back to a larger town where I can catch a Greyhound back to San Diego? Also, how
would I acquire a map of the trail to Ross Lake- trail 749 if memory serves? Any
information helps and any alternate backtracking routes are certaily welcome.

I am looking forward to meeting you all on the trail, and can't wait to get
going!

Thanks much,
Alistair