[pct-l] Purchase Bear Canisters

Matthew Edwards Hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 00:38:00 CST 2011

Bearvault will give you a deal and ship your canister to Kennedy Meadows. Check Bear Vaults' website.
I used the BV500 and it just about fit all my food and also fit in my GoLite pinnacle sideways even.
You would also want to then send a food resupply to fill your canister at KM. The store has snacks there
but it could be pretty picked over by the time you get there.
What i did was buy my canister before the trail, pack it with food for the Sierras at home and have it shipped to KM
along with my iceaxe, gloves and other crap fro the Sierra snow.
-Iceaxe