[pct-l] Two hikers swept away from bridge in Yosemite

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Thu Jun 30 20:36:02 CDT 2011

Two hikers swept away from a bridge in Yosemite -- this is a ways from the
PCT but the story does bring home the danger.
> One hiker died and a second is missing after being swept away by
> unusually high late-season runoff as they tried to cross a bridge
> spanning a waterfall near Hetch Hetchy Reservoir in Yosemite National
> Park, authorities said Thursday.

I hiked this trail years ago and as I recall, my group crossed the bridges
with a little water (`6 inches) on the bridge.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/06/30/BA1I1K4VG6.DTL

--
Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>