[pct-l] Trail conditions

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Tue Jun 28 12:41:39 CDT 2011

I will be very curious to hear about the hikers heading north from Beldon. It's my understanding that there are 25 to 30 mile stretches snow free but then you're right back in it.

I've been following Balls and Sunshine's journal and am awed and somewhat taken a back by what they are accomplishing: 22 mile days in the Sierra; creek crossing up to Sunshine chest (she's an 11 year old girl)...bad and scary stuff. They may make it through. But I wonder at what cost. I encourage everyone to follow their journal. The last date is June 25th. He had been writing daily. It's on trailjournals.com.

are we there yet

...going to the mountains is going home.

John Muir