[pct-l] Help for Post hike depression:PHD

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Mon Jun 20 23:21:36 CDT 2011

We section hikers have one truly massive advantage over the thru-hikers; we
get to choose when we traverse a given section. That translates to "when
conditions are most likely to be optimal or most convenient for us".
Thru-hikers must take the trail as it comes (and this year they're taking it
in the shorts).

When you're holding down a full time job because your family likes to eat
and vacation time is limited, a thru-hike is not even on the radar screen.