[pct-l] Help for Post hike depression:PHD

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:25:05 CDT 2011

Dear Karen

I have no experience of depression, but I know how to treat depressive
feeling. There are three techniques: medication, psychotherapy, and
physical exercise.

1. The anti-depressant medication will improve your feeling, but it
has bad side effect, and when the medication is over, you will feel
depression again.
2. The cognitive-behavioral therapy improve your feeling, and it has
more continuous effects to depression.  The shortcoming is it need
professional therapist.
3. The physical exercise also improve your feeling, and it also has
more continuous effects to depression. This technique is very simple.
You need to exercise by 30 minute jogging or walking  three times a
week. That is enough. Your feeling will be improved in one month.

I recommend the physical exercise technique, because it is very
simple, and  need no cost, and no professionals. The physical exercise
technique was proved to have effect to cure depressive feeling in the
recent randomized control trial researches.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )