[pct-l] Post

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 20:52:50 CDT 2011

Also get some practice hiking over snow.  I got my butt kicked up there last weekend, but I learned while undergoing said butt-kicking.  If I were to go back up there to the same spot under the same conditions, I believe I could handle it--same with San Jacinto and Sierra snows (additional snow skills required, of course).

In fact, get experience hiking under unfamiliar conditions, ESPECIALLY ones that may make you twitch:  twitchy stream crossings; long, hot waterless stretches; big grades up or down; rain; storms and threat of storms.

-Nate the Trail Zombie
Newberg, OR