[pct-l] Advice to a beginner about crossing Sierras

Cosmic Cat cosmic.cat144 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 08:48:33 CDT 2011

Wait until mid July before you start. Nobody has gone through yet. I am sure
a few crazy people have started, but they have a month+ of hardcore
conditioning under their belts. Furthermore, Tuolumne meadows doesn't open
until early July. Just wait and things will clear up.

Goodness
On Jun 4, 2011 3:18 PM, "Jen Sun" <succubus05 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone. My friends and I are eager to section hike from Walker Pass
to Echo Lake, California, starting in a week. Reading about all the crazy
snow conditions is making us hesitant about this plan. We have ice axes and
kahtoola microspikes, but little to no snow hiking experience. In your wise
and all-knowing opinion, is it doable for us to hike through the Sierra's
this year? Or would it just be too dangerous to risk? Would you recommend
pushing the trip south and hiking through the desert, instead? Thanks all!
Happy hiking.