[pct-l] PCT 2015

Sir Mix-a-lot atetuna at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 20:32:56 CDT 2011

It's really not that complicated.  If you know your gear, have your trail
diet figured out, are in good hiking shape, have your thru hiking permit,
Canada Entry Permit, a good set of maps, Yogi's book and have several
thousand dollars to spend, and you can pretty much head out to the trail
around ADZPCTKO without any other planning and do well.

Getting in great shape and making sure those ankles and feet are as tough
and strong as you can get them will help you enjoy your thru hike a LOT
more.  Suffering for weeks or months because you were out of shape will make
it much easier for you to quit and go home early.  You could start in
terrible shape, but then you're depending on luck that your body won't break
and on your will power to keep going even though you've been feeling
miserable for a very long time and didn't notice the beautiful sights
because your head was down and sweat was in your eyes.

Reading an ultralight book like Ray Jardine's book and spending time here
and on www.backpackinglight.com will help you refine your skills and gear.

Sir Mix-a-lot

--
Sir Mix-a-lot