[pct-l] A plan for detouring around the Sierra

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Fri Jun 3 16:06:46 CDT 2011

Hey--no dishonor in sectioning the PCT. It took me over 30 years to finish it due to living in Alaska and a career. When I finally reached the Canadian border last summer, it was a very poignant experience. In some ways more significant than if I had done it all in one season. It represented sticking to a plan and succeeding over many years. I also saw the PCT trail  experience evolve over the years (I did the first section in 1976) and met a lot more people--this was an advantage of doing it over many years.

Good Luck and keep on trucking!!

--Fireweed