[pct-l] Parking at Reds Meadow after trail project

Sir Mix-a-lot atetuna at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:33:23 CDT 2011

Thanks again.  Right now I have a couple plans.

The first includes parking at the Mammoth Mountain Main Lodge parking lot.
 Parking there would allow me to store my extra food in their rental ski
lockers.  I'd then take the shuttle to the trail.

The second is parking at the trail head.  I'll need an access pass to drive
into the area, but I'll already have that.  I'll ask the camp host if I can
store my excess food in a food locker.

The third is to get signed up to a longterm trail project in that area and
see if that trail crew will let me store my extra food with them while I'm
backpacking on my own and then join up with them when I'm done.

No matter which one I choose, a bear canister is required while camping on
the trail, so I'll rent a canister for $5 a week from the ranger's office to
use while I'm out backpacking since my canister is currently on loan to a
thru hiker.

--
Sir Mix-a-lot