[pct-l] hiking gaiters

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 12:42:18 CDT 2011

Hello Rebecca -

I recommend hiking without gaiters.  I hike in running shoes without
gaiters.  This allows my feet to breathe, and rocks are not a problem.
 Sure, an occasional rock finds its way into my shoes, but I can usually
flick it out with my finger before it gets all the way down into the shoe.

FYI, I hiked the Colorado Trail last year.  I don't recall problems with
rocks in my shoes.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com