[pct-l] hiking gaiters

Rebecca Mezoff rebecca.mezoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:32:42 CDT 2011

I'm heading out to do the Colorado Trail in two weeks (a shake-down
hike for the PCT in part) and just tried to get some Dirty Girl
gaiters.  She is on vacation until Aug 8th.  Any suggestions of an
alternative?  Otherwise I suppose I'll have her ship them to me on the
trail.
(Looking for something simple and light to keep the dirt out of the
top of my running shoes.  It will come in the mesh anyway, but at
least the rocks will stay out.)
Also I would be able to make a pair if anyone knows of a pattern or a
good photo I can follow.
Thanks!
Rebecca