[pct-l] Question for thru-hikers: How many are using music to get thru the snow?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 23:29:12 CDT 2011

Nah, silence is good, but it's seldom really silent out there.  Click of the
sticks, birds and the soughing of the wind in the trees.  Cow bells like
Switzerland in places near the CA, OR border, and lots folks to talk to.  If
I got bored sometimes I sang to myself, and was lucky enough to have Motor
Giggles Booty Butt hiking with me for thousands of miles.  She's got a voice
like Joni Mitchell and at 25 years old, knew all the old '60's classics, and
would sing while walking.  The lack of music made it very dear when you got
it.  Max Chill would pick up a guitar at any angels place and I'd throw the
harmony and it was wonderful.  Music was special when you had it, but I
wouldn't have wanted to miss the silence and the trail sounds I did hear out
there.

Shroomer