[pct-l] camp near I-5 & Siskiyou Summit

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Jul 21 20:35:29 CDT 2011

If you cross I5, then you'll be in an area where you could probably
find some place to camp, but I couldn't tell you where. It would be a
sort of "hobo" camp and you might feel like some kind of homeless
person, but from what I vaguely remember of the area, it was brushy
and not hilly. It might be kind of like trying to find a place to
camp at the I5 near the McDonald's at Cajon Pass. You know, not
really wilderness, kind of sketchy homeless-style camping. I think
from there, it climbs a bit near Pilot Rock and there might have been
some more wilderness-feeling camping around there. Maybe somebody has
better information about that area.