[pct-l] SPOT messenger

Lisa Valenti-Jordan valentijordan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:07:01 CDT 2011

My wife, puddlejumper (Lisa), is on the trail JMT now. She has bounced around this summer in different regions of california. There are some times that it works better than others, but she hits it as she gets on the trail in the morning, when she stops for lunch, and when she stops for the day, and I usually get at least two of those messages each day. I find it invaluable because if she zeros a day or sprints an extra 5 miles ahead (more common), I can track where she is, and when she needs resupply or pickup, I can usually meet up with her +/- 1 hour of when intend to. It is helpful for me because my wife's plans have been in flux all summer, so this allows me to follow her lead.  For example, when she overshoots her Friday pickup point on Wednesday, I know that and can look for the next one on halfmile's maps based on her pace, and figure out what time she will be there.  Plus, it posts to Facebook, so i don't get the 30 family and friends emails saying "how's she doing?"

Sent from iPad

-Jamie Valenti-Jordan
Project Engineer, Del Monte Foods
925-944-7279