[pct-l] Preferred Tent

-Mountain Goat- themtgoat at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 02:01:14 CDT 2011

Greeting, Brian;

In 2005, I took the Sierra Designs light year, at 3 LB 2oz. And it worked really well for me, but honestly, I am looking at trying to find a 2LB tent, as I continue my long distance hiking career.

-Mountain Goat-

Hello. Im preparing to thru-hike the PCT Southbound 2012. As i have
been looking into ultralight tents, i have found so many to choose
from and thought the best recommendations would come from hikers!
Im looking into the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1 coming in at 2lbs 3oz.
...It seems like an extremely light tent for me, but if anyone has
 better recommendations for an enclosed tent- not tarp shelter or
bivy. Thank you!

Also- Putting this out into the Universe: Im currently planning
my hike solo but would much rather prefer to have a partner or
group, either thru hiking Southbound or groups that i can meet
up with that may section hike?
'There is No Shortcut to Any Place Worth Going.'