[pct-l] Stevens pass conditions and stehekin

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:23:40 CDT 2011

Easy wrote:

I am interested in the current conditions at stevens pass and northward to
rainy pass, I have been contemplating attempting this section in about a
week... Andrea or anyone else who has been out there recently have any idea
on snow conditions? Obviously there will be some but I am wondering how
close to totally impassable we are talking here.

"Impassable" is a tricky word when talking about this stuff.  It's
technically passable because Luke just did it (did you see his report that
Andrea forwarded yesterday?).  But it sounds from Luke's description that
it's also filled with wonderful opportunities to kill yourself and is very
exhausting.  In a week it'll be better, of course, but hard to say how much
better.  Certainly not completely free of snow.  It just depends on what
you're comfortable with, I guess.

Eric