[pct-l] JMT/Sierra Conditions? + Bear Ideas

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:42:53 CDT 2011

Hey Donna,
This lynx just slowly moved out of our way and onto a log about 10 feet
away, stared us down for a minute or more while I fumbled for my camera and
then slowly moved off into an alder thicket.  I even got a few shots of its
eye keeping tabs on us from the alders.  I have no idea whether it was old
or sick, or just magnificent, but it sure didn't seem frightened of us.
 I've since talked to several guides who have been up here 20 years or more
and have only caught fleeting glimpses of them once or twice.  That's always
been my experience of them in CA.

We were really blessed by this beautiful cat.

Shroomer