[pct-l] Navigation Problems

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Jul 13 10:00:46 CDT 2011

Good morning,

I experienced the same phenomena in RSA and Australia whenever I set foot
outside of a city.  Sun position is an overlay of unconscious and reliable
security suddenly turned backwards.  It’s really disquieting to have to stop
and think about where the sun is – or should be.

With that, feel for the plight our many PCT guest hikers from Australia and
New Zealand who must hike substantially north for about 5 months with the
sun uncharacteristically at their backs when it "should be" in their face.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09