[pct-l] Navigation Problems

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:06:08 CDT 2011

Same thing happened to me while hiking in South Africa many years ago. I
knew from looking at the map in advance that we'd be hiking west. But I felt
disoriented the whole time; something just felt wrong. Then I realized it
was because the sun was on my right side.

For travel, my two essentials include flashlight as well as compass. In
town, I figure I can get along without the other eight!