[pct-l] Snow in the Trinities

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:18:54 CDT 2011

Tim wrote:

The drive from Burney Falls to Redding down 299 on Saturday showcased the
Trinities under solid snow cover as far down their flanks as could be seen
past the intervening lesser mountain range.  [...]  However, outside of
Belden I found solid snow cover began at 5400 feet and north of Burney Falls
at 5000 feet.

For what it's worth, the online snow data shows that a *lot* of melting has
happened in Sections O and P this week.  I do understand that the online
data tends to greatly understate the reality on the ground but it looks
encouraging nonetheless.  Instructions for viewing the current version of
said data (if you can run Google Earth) can be found here:

http://www.pctnews.com/2011/updated-pct-snow-information-for-627-233/

Eric